- Don’t get glued to Google. Try not to Google every concern to death, as it’ll only make you worry even more. Additionally, there’s too much conflicting — and wrong — information out there.
- Make time to connect with your baby. Make it a daily ritual to check in with the tiny person growing inside you. This can involve singing, talking about the things you’ll do together or even play music toward your belly.
- Engage in self-care. As women, we often tend to put others before ourselves. But this is a time to relax and enjoy —- and not to push yourself too hard.
- Journal about your pregnancy. Writing during pregnancy can be incredibly grounding. You can jot down all the changes you’re going through, and all the feelings that are coming up for you.
- Eat healthy foods. Be sure to consume lots of fruits, veggies, whole grains, and healthy fats. The more you nourish your body, the healthier you and your baby will be.
- Embrace your changing body. All of the changes, all of the scars, all of the new sensations are measures of your evolution into a mother. Embrace the miracle in progress.
- Honor your boundaries. Being a mother puts you in touch with what truly matters in life. So when you feel a “no” inside, say “no.” And when you feel a “yes” inside, say “yes.”
- Nurture positive thoughts about the her future. Cultivate visions of all going right. Keep your focus on that moment when you get to hold that beautiful baby in your arms for the first time. Keep that vision strong and alive, not only in your mind, but in your heart, as well.
Monday, November 9, 201511/09/2015
Get out those pots and pans and wooden spoons!
Tuesday, November 3, 201511/03/2015
It boosts their immune system!
Wednesday, October 28, 201510/28/2015
Tests are one of the worst parts about being in school, and a new study shows just how many standardized…
Wednesday, October 14, 201510/14/2015
Why more than 2 hours a day may not be that bad…
Monday, September 28, 201509/28/2015
They want you to smile back!