- Don’t get glued to Google. Try not to Google every concern to death, as it’ll only make you worry even more. Additionally, there’s too much conflicting — and wrong — information out there.
- Make time to connect with your baby. Make it a daily ritual to check in with the tiny person growing inside you. This can involve singing, talking about the things you’ll do together or even play music toward your belly.
- Engage in self-care. As women, we often tend to put others before ourselves. But this is a time to relax and enjoy —- and not to push yourself too hard.
- Journal about your pregnancy. Writing during pregnancy can be incredibly grounding. You can jot down all the changes you’re going through, and all the feelings that are coming up for you.
- Eat healthy foods. Be sure to consume lots of fruits, veggies, whole grains, and healthy fats. The more you nourish your body, the healthier you and your baby will be.
- Embrace your changing body. All of the changes, all of the scars, all of the new sensations are measures of your evolution into a mother. Embrace the miracle in progress.
- Honor your boundaries. Being a mother puts you in touch with what truly matters in life. So when you feel a “no” inside, say “no.” And when you feel a “yes” inside, say “yes.”
- Nurture positive thoughts about the her future. Cultivate visions of all going right. Keep your focus on that moment when you get to hold that beautiful baby in your arms for the first time. Keep that vision strong and alive, not only in your mind, but in your heart, as well.
Monday, December 15, 201412/15/2014
Dante and crew search for the perfect tree!
Thursday, November 13, 201411/13/2014
Pay attention while your kids are playing!
Tuesday, November 11, 201411/11/2014
The support system to keep you sane!
Friday, November 7, 201411/07/2014
Less is definitely more!
Wednesday, October 29, 201410/29/2014
Pre-school age kids have the toughest time