How do you start the day? Cup o’ coffee and a check at the newspaper?
You might be hindering your success!
Forbes magazine “Inc.” saysy the most successful people are morning people who complete a bunch of tasks BEFORE their work day even starts!
Here are five things they do BEFORE 8:00A.M:
1. Exercise. People who exercise the most consistently usually do it in the morning. It gives you an energy boost, and you start your day with a sense of accomplishment. If the thought of a 5:00 A.M. run scares you, set your alarm 15 minutes early and just do a quick set of push-ups, or even some stretching.
2. Eat breakfast. Try not to rush out the door with a cup of coffee and an empty stomach. Eating a healthy breakfast gives you fuel for the day ahead, and lifts your spirits. And if you use this time to connect with your family or others . . . even better.
3. Map out your day. Take a few minutes to reflect on your goals for the day, then prioritize them in a list. And schedule in short breaks so you can recharge.
4. Visualize yourself being awesome. Basically, that’s what meditation is. Successful people see themselves doing amazing things. But it takes practice, and the morning is the perfect time. Even one minute of positive visualization will improve your mood.
5. Do the hard stuff first. If you have one task that you’re dreading it’ll loom over your entire day. Stop procrastinating. Schedule your day so that it STARTS with the hard stuff and ends easy . . . not the other way around.
Great list…let’s get started…tomorrow!